34th M. Smoluchowski Symposium will be held on-line on September 27-29 2021 using MS TEAMS and Gather.town platform.
The subtitle of this year Symposium is "Passive and active transport, stochastic resetting".
The scope of the Symposium will cover, i.a.:
- Nonequilibrium systems with large fluctuations and strong correlations;
- Stochastic and quantum thermodynamics;
- Resetting mechanisms;
- Fluctuation relations and large deviation theory;
- Decoherence, chaos, and quantum-classical correspondence;
- Diffusive processes and weak ergodicity breaking;
- Fluctuation-dissipation relation in fluids, granular media, nano- and biological-systems;
- Active matter, collective phenomena in living systems;
- Nonlinear dynamics and turbulence;
- Complex networks;
- Simulations and modelling in polymer physics and soft matter;
- New frontiers in contemporary statistical physics;
- Interdisciplinary applications;
List of confirmed invited speakers:
- Paul C. Bressloff (University of Utah)
- Tomas Grigera (National University of La Plata )
- Alberto Imparato (Aarhus University)
- Maciej Lisicki (University of Warsaw)
- Ralf Metzler (University of Potsdam)
- Somrita Ray (Indian Institute of Technology Tirupati)
- Trifce Sandev (University of Potsdam & Macedonian Academy of Sciences and Arts)
- Jakub Spiechowicz (University of Silesia)
- Yuri Yu. Tarasevich (Astrakhan State University)
- Salvatore Torquato (Princeton University)
- Emmanuel Trizac (Université Paris-Saclay)
Abstracts for oral presentation: 31 August 2021
Registration: 15 September 2021
Information about acceptance will be sent before 10 September 2021.
There is no conference fee.