33rd M. Smoluchowski Symposium will be held on-line on December 4-5 2020 using MS Teams platform.
The subtitle of this year Symposium is "Brownian motion and active matter".
The scope of the Symposium will cover:
- Nonequilibrium systems with large fluctuations and strong correlations
- Stochastic and quantum thermodynamics
- Fluctuation relations and large deviation theory
- Decoherence, chaos and quantum-classical correspondence
- Diffusive processes and weak ergodicity breaking
- Fluctuation-dissipation relation in fluids, granular media, nano- and biological-systems
- Active matter, collective phenomena in living systems
- Nonlinear dynamics and turbulence
- Complex networks
- Simulations and modelling in polymer physics and soft matter
- New frontiers in contemporary statistical physics Interdisciplinary applications
Tentative list of confirmed invited speakers:
Thierry Dauxois (Ecole Normale Supérieure de Lyon)
Massimiliano Esposito (University of Luxemburg)
Adam Kleczkowski (University of Strathclyde)
Gleb Oshanin (Sorbonne Université / CNRS)
Sidney Redner (Santa Fe Institute)
Shlomi Reuveni (Tel Aviv University)
Kim Sneppen (Niels Bohr Institute)
Abstract (oral or poster presentation) 10 November 2020.
Information about acceptance will be sent until 20 November 2020.
participation in the Symposium is free